Read our terms and conditions on tickets and admissions, shopping (online and in-store), holiday accommodation and our website.
Tickets Terms and Conditions
By purchasing tickets you accept Snape Maltings’ terms and conditions and to comply with the Management’s requests to ensure public safety and high standards of performance:
• The Management reserves the right to change or cancel the advertised programme.
• Latecomers will not be admitted until a suitable pause in the programme or until the interval.
• The Management reserves the right to provide alternative seats to those on the ticket.
• The Management reserves the right to refuse admission or to eject a ticket holder from the premises. Tickets can only be exchanged at the discretion of the Box Office Manager or money refunded if they can be re-sold before the performance.
• The use of any imaging or recording devices including mobile phones during any performance is prohibited.
Snape Maltings or permitted third parties may carry out photography/film and sound recording in or around the venues.
• By purchasing tickets you consent that you(r) party may be included in any recordings or dissemination without compensation.
• Warning: Some events may have sound levels or special effects which can effect health. Some content may not be appropriate for children.
Gift Aid can be reclaimed by Britten Pears Arts from the tax you pay for the current tax year. Your address is needed to identify you as a current UK taxpayer.
By selecting gift aid, you confirm you are a UK taxpayer and understand that if you pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax in the current tax year than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all donations it is your responsibility to pay any difference.
Please notify Britten Pears Arts if you:
Want to cancel this declaration
Change your name or home address
No longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains
Shopping at Snape Maltings Terms and Conditions
You can shop with Snape Maltings in the following ways:
• Shopping in our independent shops (In-Store Purchases)
• Shopping online at shop.snapemaltings.co.uk (Online Orders)
• Ordering by phone (Phone Orders)
Depending on how you place your order, different terms and conditions may apply (for example, the processes for deliveries and returns).
- Online Orders
By placing an order with us online, you are accepting the terms and conditions outlined below.
• We endeavour to keep items in stock and available for immediate despatch, however this may not always be possible. If an item is temporarily out of stock, we will contact you within two working days and advise you of the expected delivery time.
• If you have ordered multiple items you will be given the option of waiting and receiving your items all together, or you can choose to have them delivered in two shipments.
• If an item has been discontinued or we are unable to secure further stock of any item, we will cancel that order*.
*As with all online purchases, your completion of the checkout process does not explicitly guarantee we are able to supply the goods and reserve the right to cancel orders at any point up to delivery.
• We have taken great care to ensure the reproduction of colour is accurate on our online shop.
• As many of our items are handmade, actual size and colour may vary slightly but this is indicated in the product copy.
- Computer monitors may also vary; therefore, we cannot guarantee that your monitor’s display of any colour will be a true likeness.
2. Prices and Payment
• We accept payment by Maestro, MasterCard, Visa and Visa Debit (via WorldPay) and through PayPal in UK Pounds Sterling only.
• Your payment will be processed prior to the good being dispatched.
• We make every attempt to ensure our prices are accurate. In the event of a pricing or description error we reserve the right to withdraw an item from sale, under the terms of the Sale of Goods Act.
• We reserve the right to amend, modify or withdraw temporarily or permanently any price or product description without notice.
• VAT is included at the standard rate.
3. Delivery (excluding furniture)
• With our Standard Delivery service, we deliver to any UK mainland address and aim to dispatch goods held in stock within three working days of receiving your order. Delivery will be made as soon as possible thereafter.
• Free delivery is available for orders over £75, providing the items can be sent through our Standard Delivery service. For orders under £75, a flat rate of £6.95 will be charged.
• Please note that we are unable to accept liability for any delay to your delivery that is beyond our control. *For information on the delivery of furniture, please see the section below
• A non-refundable 10% deposit is required with all furniture orders taken in-store.
• Please allow approximately 8 -12 weeks for furniture orders (unless otherwise stated) as the furniture is ordered, and often made, especially for you. Once your order has been placed with the makers we can usually, if required, be more specific about expected delivery dates.
• Once your order is received and checked over, we will phone you to arrange collection or delivery. Full payment plus any delivery charge must be made in full before the goods leave our premises. This can be done over the phone by credit or debit card or in person should you wish.
• We are pleased to offer a delivery service to addresses within Zones A to D (Within 150 miles of Snape Maltings) – please ask for a quotation by emailing email@example.com.
• Our normal delivery charges are free for purchases over £2,000, to one address. Orders under £2,000 are subject to a delivery charge based on location.
• For deliveries over 150 miles away, we advise you to seek your own preferred courier, who will be liable for the products from the point of collection at Snape Maltings. Please ensure your chosen courier has the relevant insurance.
• It is your responsibility as purchaser to ensure the goods can be safely delivered into your home, to a ground floor room only. Our driver will take every possible care, but if they feel access is too tight, will only proceed if you take responsibility for any damage to the furniture or decoration.
*Please note that unless otherwise stated, our furniture is manufacture guaranteed for 12 months from date of delivery/collection. Any returned items must be sent or brought back to Snape Maltings at the expense of the customer, in the original condition or packaging.
5. Snape Maltings ‘Click and Collect’
• If a product is available in-store, it can be purchased online and collected from Snape Maltings
• Collection will be available once we have contacted you, please allow two working days
6. Returns and Exchanges
• If you are not entirely satisfied with your order, we will be happy to offer a full refund or exchange providing the goods are returned unused and in their original packaging within 30 days.
• Unless otherwise stated, our furniture is manufacture guaranteed for 12 months from date of delivery/collection.
• We will also refund the cost of our Standard Delivery Charge in most cases. If you decide to keep part of your order and return part, there is no entitlement to a refund of Delivery Charges.
• Returns postage is a direct cost to you and we regret that this cannot be refunded.
7. Rights of Cancellation
• Once you have confirmed your order and payment with us, you have entered into a contract to purchase these goods from us.
• You have a right to cancel your order within two working days of placing your order, providing items have not yet been dispatched.
• If you wish to cancel your order please contact us on 01728 688303.
8. Faulty Goods
• All items are quality controlled and checked for any faults before they are dispatched to customers. Should you receive an item that is not in perfect condition please contact us immediately.
• Goods are faulty if they are received by you in a damaged state, or where a manufacturing fault occurs within 12 months of purchase.
• Items that are damaged as a result of normal wear and tear are not considered to be faulty. If you would like to exchange a faulty item instead of obtaining a refund, please be aware that we can only replace it for the same product, subject to availability.
• Where possible, we will offer to repair faulty items. If the item cannot be repaired or the same product is not available, you are entitled to a full refund.
9. Refund Policy
• Refunds and exchanges will only be made within 30 days of purchase, via the original payment method, on production of the original receipt. When there is no proof of purchase, an arranged exchange or credit note may be arranged at the discretion of the staff.
• Refunds are not available for items purchased under promotion.
10. Gift Vouchers
• Snape Maltings gift vouchers can be redeemed in any of the shops at Snape Maltings for a period of up to twelve months from purchase.
• Gift vouchers are none refundable and currently cannot be used on the online shop, in Caramel and the Antiques Centre, or for music events.
11. Competitions and Giveaways
Competitions run through our social media channels are subject to the following terms and conditions:
• Prize draws are open to anyone over the age of 18, excluding employees (and relatives of employees) of Britten Pears Arts and Snape Maltings Trading Ltd.
• The prize winner will always be announced and contacted via the relevant social media platform.
• Prize draws are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any social media platform.
• If the winner fails to make contact with us within one week of the winner being announced, we reserve the right to choose a different winner.
12. Our Rights
We reserve the right to reject an order as a result of any of the following:
• The product you ordered is unavailable from stock.
• We are unable to obtain authorisation for your payment.
• We have identified a pricing or product description error.
• We reserve the right to amend, modify or withdraw temporarily or permanently any price or product description or terms and conditions with or without notice. You shall not hold us liable for any such modification, amendments or withdrawals.
13. General Terms
By agreeing to the Terms and Conditions
• You agree fully to indemnify Snape Maltings Trading Ltd. and its directors and employees from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, arising out of any breach of our terms and conditions by you.
• You agree to not hold us liable for any damages, losses, costs and expenses caused by any delay to delivery of your order, or any other event beyond our control.
Snape Maltings Holiday Accommodation Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions before booking your holiday property. If you have any questions about them please do not hesitate to contact us.
Snape Maltings Trading Ltd (“The Agent” or “we”/”us”) acts as the agent on behalf of the owner (“the Owner”) of the property (meaning the holiday property). Once the holiday confirmation is issued, this contract is between you (“the Visitor” or “you”), and the Owner.
1. The Visitor is the person named on the booking form, and he/she is responsible for the obligations and conditions of hire. The Visitor shall not pass the booking to another party and shall be in residence at the property during the whole of the letting period.
2. Booking – A provisional booking can be made using the online reservation system. If you prefer to discuss over the phone please call 01728 687172. Otherwise please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will help you find the right property for your holiday but reserve the right to refuse any booking without explanation.
3. Payment – A booking deposit of 25% of the cost of the holiday will secure the booking. The booking is only confirmed after the deposit is received and a Booking Form Confirmation email sent from Snape Maltings to the Visitor. The Agent will contact you by email unless you advise that you would prefer to be contacted by post. You should read the confirmation details carefully and contact the Agent immediately if anything is incorrect. The balance of the rent plus the stated good housekeeping deposit amount of £100 is payable six weeks before the start of your holiday. For bookings made less than seven weeks before the start of your holiday, the total is payable (full rental fee and good housekeeping deposit) at the time of booking.
4. Use of the property – – The Visitor will usually have access to the property from 4pm on the arrival day. – The Visitor must depart the property by 10am on the departure day unless a later time is given by the Agent. If you are late departing the property, you may be charged an additional fee. – The Visitor must abide by the arrival and departure times provided by the Agent. – Stag or hen party groups and unaccompanied teenagers are not permitted at any of the properties. – All children staying at the property must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians at all times – Some properties do not allow pets and this is detailed on each of the property pages in the ‘Restrictions’ section. – All properties are non-smoking, this includes vaping and all forms of cigarettes. Not all properties have letterboxes and we advise against arranging postal deliveries to the property. Any electrical items brought into a Snape Maltings property, such as charging devices, hair straighteners, kitchen equipment etc. must be in good working order and be safe to use. The above conditions must be adhered to at all times.
The Owner reserves the right to terminate the Visitor’s stay if they or members of their party display unreasonable behaviour, cause nuisance to other parties or damage to the property, or if the number of persons occupying the property exceeds the maximum stated. The contract is personal to the Visitor. The property shall not be used for any commercial purposes. This booking is granted by the Owner to the Visitor for the Holiday Period and is not intended to create the relationship of Landlord and Tenant between the parties. The Visitor is granted the right to occupy the property for the holiday period specified but the Visitor has no right to remain in the accommodation after this time and shall not be entitled to any statutory security of tenure. In any of the circumstances in this clause no refunds will be made and you will have no further claim against the Owner or the Agent.
5. What’s included: Electricity and gas where supplied to the property are included in the rent. Fuel for fires and stoves is generally not provided. Bed linen and towels are provided at all properties for the number of people expected at the property but the Visitor should bring their own beach towels. It is possible to book out travel cots and high chairs. All bedding and linen should be brought by the Visitor for travel cots. Where a property is listed as having an iPod dock, we cannot guarantee its compatibility with specific charger ports.
6. Wi-Fi and Phone Reception: Please note that we cannot guarantee the speed of the broadband at individual properties should it be provided, and you are liable for any additional costs incurred as a result of excessive usage. Internet and phone reception in rural areas can sometimes be poor and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use. The majority of connections are insufficient for games or film downloads. We will attempt to help resolve technical questions to the best of our ability, but are unable to make any guarantee on the reliability of Wi-Fi connection during guest stays.
7. Pets – Where pets are permitted you must notify the Agent at the time of booking by stating the breed of your dog on the booking form. The Visitor must ensure that all pets staying at the property are in good health and have been treated for worms and fleas within four weeks of arrival as failure to ensure this may incur additional costs. Dogs must be at least 10 months old and have up to date immunisations. Please bring your own pet bedding, towels for drying your pet, and anything you need to protect the cottage. Pets are not allowed on furniture or in bedrooms and must never be left unattended either inside or outside of the property, nor cause disturbance to neighbours. Pets should always be clean and dry before being brought into the property. The Visitor must clear up dog fouling and dispose of immediately and remove any trace of the pet’s occupation, both inside and outside of the property prior to departure. Failure to do so will incur charges from your housekeeping deposit. Pet friendly properties do not have enclosed gardens – please check the website for details and dogs should not be left outside unattended. For customers with allergies, we cannot guarantee that the property owner does not have a dog or cat that sometimes occupies the property (even one that doesn’t allow pets as standard). We cannot accept responsibility for any suffering which may occur as a result of such animals having been present. Further, although all of our properties are cleaned between lets and ‘deep cleaned’ at the beginning and end of the
season, we cannot guarantee that properties will be completely free from pet hair. Snape Maltings or the property owners cannot be held responsible for dogs off the lead. Dogs are only permitted on the ground floor of pet friendly properties.
8. Cleaning and damage – The Visitor must agree to take good care of the property and its contents and on departure leave it in a clean and tidy condition. The good housekeeping deposit will be returned to the Visitor within two weeks after the end of the stay provided that the property has been left in a satisfactory condition and that no other sums remain payable on your account. The sum is held to cover any losses, damage and additional cleaning charges that may arise if the property is left in an unsatisfactory condition however caused, but excluding reasonable wear and tear. If a call out is carried out and the fault is due to user error a charge may be made to cover the cost of the call out. The Visitor may not be charged for minor items but is responsible for all breakages and damages and the cost will be payable on demand. All damage, loss or breakage to the property or contents must be reported to the Agent as soon as possible. The Agent or Owner will repair the damage as soon as is practical. Lost property will be kept and if unclaimed it will be donated to local charity shops. A sum may be taken to cover postage and packing. We cannot accept any liability for items left at the property.
9. Cancellations – Any cancellation must be made in writing. The Agent will seek to re-let the property for the period of the booking, and if successful the Visitor’s payment will be refunded minus a £25 administration fee. If your cancellation is more than 6 weeks to arrival, you are only liable to pay the deposit amount which is 25% of the value of the booking. If your cancellation is within the 6 weeks to arrival, you are liable to pay the full amount if the property is not re-let. If we are only able to re-let part of your cancelled stay or the cancelled dates are re-let at a lower price, then you will receive a part refund. It is not possible to transfer your booking from one property to another. The Owner reserves the right to refuse any booking or to cancel any bookings already made subject to refunding any sums you have already paid, except where otherwise stated in clause 3 and clause 12. The Visitor will have no further claim against the Owner or the Agent. We strongly advise you to take out independent holiday insurance as you are liable for the whole holiday cost if the booking period cannot be re-let.
10. Liability – Subject to clause 10, neither the Agent nor the Owner shall be liable to the Visitor or members of his/her party for any accident, loss, damage, injury, expenses, or inconvenience that may be incurred in connection with the rental howsoever suffered or incurred by the Visitor. We recommend that you insure for such loss.
11. Circumstances beyond the control of the Owner/Agent – Except where otherwise stated in these Conditions, neither the Owner nor the Agent shall be liable for any change or cancellation which is a result of unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond its control; for example fire, flood, exceptional weather conditions and epidemics.
12. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions purports to limit or exclude liability for personal injury or death as a result of the negligence of the Owner, it agents and sub-contractors (including the Agent). Your statutory rights are not affected.
13. Complaints – We hope your holiday runs smoothly but if you do have a complaint it is essential that you report it immediately so the Agent can do their best to resolve it. We cannot accept claims for compensation lodged after departure as it is no longer possible to investigate the problem and take remedial action. Compensation will also not be given where the guest has denied the Agent/Owner the opportunity to try to put matters right during a stay. The properties are in agricultural areas and holidaymakers need to accept that there will occasionally be sounds and smells associated with countryside living that cannot be avoided. You should expect some traffic noise and should check before booking if this is likely to be an issue for you. Neither the Owner or the Agent shall be held liable for any sudden invasion of pests, building work noise or disruption coming from neighbouring properties or breakdown of appliances, although any breakdowns will be fixed as soon as reasonably possible. Under no circumstances will the Agent or the Owner’s liability exceed the rental paid for the property.
14. Access to the property – The Visitor should permit the Agent and the Owner access to the property at reasonable times for inspection or to carry out maintenance and repairs.
15. Descriptions – Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the property details on the website, all statements are made in good faith and are for guidance only. Photos, maps and floor plans are for illustrative purposes only. The Agent and the Owner cannot be held responsible for changes or mistakes..
16. The Law – Any disputes between you and the Owner will be governed by the exclusive law of the English courts.
Website terms and conditions
Access to, and use of www.brittenpearsarts.org and www.snapemaltings.co.uk is provided to you subject to the following terms and conditions. In entering our site you are accepting our terms and conditions. We may decide to change them at any time and if we do so those changes will be written into these terms and conditions.
A. Our web site www.brittenpearsarts.org and www.snapemaltings.co.uk is published by Snape Maltings. In the following, Snape Maltings is understood to include all properties, services and projects of Snape Maltings and its associated companies, Snape Maltings Concert Hall, Snape, Suffolk IP17 1SP, England, including but not limited to the shops and cafes on site, Aldeburgh Festival, Britten–Pears Young Artist Programme, Snape Residencies, Learning & Inclusion, Aldeburgh Young Musicians, and the music campus currently comprising Snape Maltings Concert Hall, Granary Building, Britten–Pears Building, Hoffmann Building, and any other new sub-brands that Snape Maltings may choose to develop.
B. Material signed by an author’s name does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Snape Maltings as a whole. All reasonable efforts have been made to obtain copyright permission for information quoted and images, audio- or audio-visual material reproduced on this site. If we have committed an oversight, we will be pleased to agree with the copyright-holder a procedure to either rectify it in a subsequent edition or otherwise withdraw the material from the site.
C. Please note that although we endeavour to assure that everything is correct at the time of publication, all data is subject to change and we especially reserve the right to change or withdraw concert programmes at any time.
- Disclaimer/Limitation of liability. This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to Snape Maltings and/or Snape Maltings, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided “as is” and on an “is available” basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. In no event will Snape Maltings be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortuous action, arising out of or in connection with the use of the site. Snape Maltings does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the materials. From time to time we may publish links to websites which we feel could be of interest to you. We make every reasonable effort to ensure that the sites we recommend reflect the same high standards as those of Snape Maltings, although we cannot be held responsible for the content of any external web sites. Please report any problems or broken links to email@example.com.
- Copyright and Other Intellectual Property. The Snape Maltings website is copyrighted. The names, images and logos identifying Snape Maltings or third parties and their products and services are proprietary marks of Snape Maltings and/or third parties. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication or otherwise any license or right under any trademark or patent of Snape Maltings or any other third party. Any material found within the pages of www.snapemaltings.co.uk, including text or images may not be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcast or transmitted in any way except for your own personal non-commercial use. Permission for any other use must be obtained by contacting Snape Maltings. We allow you onto this web site in return for you agreeing not to adapt, alter or create any derivative work from any of the material contained in this site. In addition, the material cannot be used for any other purpose other than for your own personal and non-commercial use unless the appropriate license has been granted by Snape Maltings.
- Services and Products. All products and services mentioned in this site are subject to availability and are available at the sole discretion of Snape Maltings. Snape Maltings reserves the right to refuse admission and to change or cancel the advertised programme. Latecomers will not be admitted until a suitable pause in the programme. Photos, videos and recording are not permitted. Please note that tickets must not be sold or resold without express written permission from Snape Maltings; if you need to return your tickets to Box Office, please note that tickets can only be exchanged or money refunded if we can re-sell them. Snape Maltings is a company limited by guarantee and registered in England and Wales No. 980281. Registered Charity No. 261383. VAT Registration No. 927 3330 30.
- Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and keep indemnified Snape Maltings from and against all claims, damages, expenses, costs and liabilities arising in any manner from your entry to and use of the site other than in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Law and Jurisdiction. If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction which that Term or Condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from this clause and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Disputes arising here from shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- Rules and Regulations. Occasionally within the site you may find other rules or terms relating to specific material which may conflict with or contradict these terms and conditions. These could be rules for competitions, specific download requirements, or ticket offers, for example. If there is any conflict then the rules or terms relating to specific material will win out over the more general terms and conditions.