The archive is open to everyone to visit and consult material. You can arrange a visit by emailing the archive team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the Red House on 01728 687110.
Appointments are available during the following times and should be booked at least two weeks in advance:
- Monday: 10am–5pm
- Tuesday: 2-5pm (closed am)
- Wednesday-Friday: 10am–5pm
- Closed weekends and public holidays
Special procedures apply for visits during the Covid pandemic:
- Only pre-booked visitors will be allowed and only one researcher (or small group from the same social “bubble”) will be admitted at a time. Please contact us at least a week in advance of your intended visit.
- It is helpful if you are able to let us know in advance what materials you would like to see during your visit. You can search our catalogue online and of course, if you need further help identifying the material you need, do get in touch with us.
- We ask you to wear a mask during your visit unless there is a medical reason why you cannot. The Reading Room supervisor will also wear one and will be separated from you by a perspex sheet. We will open all ventilation in the Reading Room to ensure good air circulation.