Britten Pears Arts is a pioneering music, arts and heritage charity based on the Suffolk coast. It was created in 2020 when the two long-established charities which formed the legacy of Britten and Pears’ life and work, Snape Maltings (formerly Aldeburgh Music) and Britten-Pears Foundation came together.
We have a diverse collection of properties including the former home of Britten and Pears – The Red House, our prestigious concert hall at Snape Maltings, performance spaces as well as residential and student accommodation. The work of the buildings and maintenance team ensures that all of these locations are well maintained and legally compliant at all times.
Overall Job Purpose is to provide general maintenance assistance and painting and decorating to all Britten Pears Arts (BPA) buildings, including trading at Snape and properties in Aldeburgh.
- Painting and decorating
- Some basic maintenance, including simple carpentry, and plumbing work.
- Cleaning out gullies and gutters
- Assisting with event set-ups
- Regular checks and testing of various equipment as required.
- Groundwork – Repairs to paving, potholes, fence repairs etc.
- Willingness to be trained in Forklift & Cherry Picker use.
- Online training courses . eg. Manual Handling, Working at Heights, Ladders, Health & Safety at Work, Risk Assessments, COSHH, Legionella
We are Looking For:
- Painting and decorating experience
- Quality workmanship
- A keen eye for detail
- Able to communicate well with other people – polite, helpful and pleasant manner.
- Full drivers licence
We are an equal opportunities employer and believe that diversity strengthens and enriches us. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates of all ages and from all backgrounds, in particular from ethnic minority groups and disabled candidates who are currently under-represented at Britten Pears Arts.
As part of our commitment to equality of opportunity, we kindly ask you to complete our Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form.
To apply please send a covering letter and completed application to Sarah Scrivener, HR Administrator. We do not accept CVs on their own.