Britten Pears Arts is based at Snape Maltings, in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty on the east coast of Suffolk. In addition to the world-renowned Concert Hall, Snape Maltings is also home to the Hoffmann Building and the Britten Pears Building, both of which contain a mixture of rehearsal and performance spaces.
We are known around the world for the international standard of our Aldeburgh Festival in June and our year-round programme of events including opera, choral works, orchestral concerts, and contemporary dance as well as programmes and residencies for young musicians and established professionals. Our Summer Programme showcases a wide range of musical genres including jazz, folk, classical, big band and world music.
We are looking for an experienced Lighting Technician to assist with the preparation and smooth running of the technical aspects of programmed events. These will usually be at one of our own venues but can also include other locations in the local area. The successful candidate will enjoy working with artists and technicians and be dedicated to helping to produce high quality concerts and events. This post could offer an excellent opportunity for someone at the start of their professional career to develop and build their lighting experience – including operation, programming and design. The nature of this role requires availability on evenings, weekends, and bank holidays.
Ideal candidates will:
- Have technical experience gained in a performance venue, including preparation, rigging and focusing of lighting fixtures, and lighting equipment maintenance.
- Have experience in lighting desk operation and programming (ideally ETC Eos).
- Be comfortable and able to work at height, on ladders and Tallescope.
- Have knowledge of health and safety issues relating to backstage work.
- Have up to date knowledge and interest in lighting equipment and live performance technology.
- Have a flexible approach to work and working hours.
- Be able to work well as part of a team whilst also having a good ability to self-motivate and use their own initiative.
- Be able to work to deadlines.
- Be a clear, articulate communicator.
We are an equal opportunities employer and believe that diversity strengthens and enriches us. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates of all ages and from all backgrounds, in particular from ethnic minority groups and disabled candidates who are currently under-represented at Britten Pears Arts.
To apply please send a covering letter and completed application to our HR team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Monday 25 September 2023