Britten Pears Arts is a pioneering music, arts and heritage charity based on the Suffolk coast at two popular, historic visitor destinations: Snape Maltings and The Red House. It emerged from the creative partnership between the composer Benjamin Britten and his professional and personal partner, singer Peter Pears who shared a progressive vision for music and the arts to be useful, transforming lives, and bringing people and communities together.
The Artist Development team and opera programme works with established artists, young professionals and school-age musicians across a variety of opportunities, including Aldeburgh Young Musicians, the Britten-Pears Young Artist Programme and the extended Residencies programme.
This exciting new role will directly support the Britten Pears Young Artist Programme, and in particular the Programme Manager, BPYAP who delivers the year-round work in this departments. This could be your first or second step into an arts role which focusses on supporting artists creating new work across a range of music genres, including opera and music theatre.
Our ideal candidate is someone who:
- Has a love of music and an interest in working in a performing arts environment
- Has excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Can communicate clearly – verbally and in writing.
- Is able to work accurately and efficiently with excellent attention to detail
- Can remain calm and courteous when working under pressure and dealing with the public and artists
- Can multi-task and prioritise workload appropriately
- Has a positive and proactive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels
- Can work well as part of a team
We are an equal opportunities employer and believe that diversity strengthens and enriches us. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates of all ages and from all backgrounds, in particular from ethnic minority groups and disabled candidates who are currently under-represented at Britten Pears Arts.
As part of our commitment to equality of opportunity, we kindly ask you to complete our Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form.
To apply please send a covering letter and completed application to Helen Fletcher, HR Director, email@example.com. We do not accept CVs on their own.
Please note: first interviews can be via zoom if travel to Suffolk is not possible.