Take a 45 minute boat trip along the River Alde, abundant with wildlife and with stunning views across the mudflats and reeds.
Depart from Snape Maltings' historic quay, where generations of Thames Barge skippers have plied their trade.
Our shallow draft launch Hagar is ideal for keen birdwatchers, as it enables us to get out at lower states of the tide when there are more wading birds around.
Please note that the River Alde is tidal, and therefore the times of the trips will vary from day to day. Use the Book Now button to see times and book your tickets.
Hagar can take up to 8 people per trip, and trips will last approximately 45-minutes.
Tickets cost £12 for adults and £8 for children (14 years and under). Infants (2 and under) are free but still require a ticket.
Suffolk River Trips also runs trips from Orford Quay – find out more on its website.
- Social distancing measures will remain in place and we would ask all passengers to follow the skipper’s lead
- We also ask that passengers keep within their group when aboard and maintain a safe distance from other groups
- Hand sanitiser to be available to all passengers when embarking and disembarking
- Some degree of agility will be required when boarding Hagar due to it being a smaller vessel and its frequent positioning outside of Sea Tradar
- Dogs are allowed on the boat trips