From October 2021 concerts will return to full capacity. Some concerts will be full length and will have intervals. We will continue to keep a number of safety measures in place.
Keeping you Covid-safe at concerts
Information for audiences
The key changes in coming to concerts at Snape Maltings include:
- From October 2021, concerts will return to full capacity.
- The concert hall’s air circulation system will be on its highest setting, and some doors will be left open.
- We ask that all audience members continue to wear face-coverings throughout performances (unless exempt as per the Government’s guidelines).
- All staff and volunteers will be wearing face coverings.
- No printed material – no tickets, programmes, or programme notes.
- Clear signs and helpful staff to make your visit straightforward.
- Regular and thorough cleaning, with hand sanitiser for you.
- Staff and ushers will have their temperature checked at the start of their working shift. Audience members will not be checked.
To aid the Government’s Track and Trace programme all members of your party are asked to ‘check in’ at Snape Maltings by scanning the QR code in the Concert Hall foyer into the NHS Covid-19 smartphone app.
As risks and guidelines change, we may need to change performers, capacity, pricing, and other matters, at short notice. Please make sure that the email address and phone number that we have for you are up to date when booking so we can let you know about any changes.
If you are unable to attend the performance due to Covid-19 please email the box office to
return your tickets.
We will not be issuing physical tickets, but audiences should bring Print at Home tickets
(either printed out or on a mobile device) or evidence of their ticket purchases.
We will not produce a printed programme, but will email a PDF document with details of the
concert in advance.
Performances will around 60 – 90 minutes, with no interval.
Toilets will be open and available before and after concerts.
Hand sanitiser will be placed at key locations.
Staff will be on hand to guide and answer questions.
Arriving at Snape Maltings
There is plenty of car parking on site, including spaces for blue badge holders.
The outer foyer of the concert hall will be open from 30 minutes before the start of the concert. Please make your way there and be ready to show your ticket. Staff and signs will help you find your way around.
The auditorium will open around 30 minutes before the start of the performance.
During the concert
Please refrain from singing along during the concert.
Once asked to leave the auditorium, audiences are kindly asked to make their way outside and not to gather in the foyers.
Keeping you Covid-safe at The Red House
If you or someone you know has experienced any symptoms of Covid-19 up to two weeks before visiting you should self-isolate and not visit. Please email the Box Office firstname.lastname@example.org for a refund.
What we have done to make you safe
We have adapted the site to ensure the safety of our visitors and team. Measures include:
- Timed admission to give you space to move around the site. Please arrive on time as we may have to ask you to return when there is an available slot.
- An audio guide which can be accessed on your smart phone or handsets provided, so please bring headphones with you.
- A one-way route through the Gallery, Library, House and Composition Studio. It is fully accessible (includes stairs to the Composition Studio) and not complicated, and you will receive a map on arrival. The team will be on hand to help you.
- Hand sanitiser dispensers are available throughout the site and regular cleaning and disinfecting will be carried out.
What you need to bring with you
- Please wear face coverings to cover your mouth and nose inside our buildings unless you are exempt as per the Government’s guidelines.
- If you are a return visitor please bring your admission card otherwise you will be charged entry to the site.
- For discounted admission (NHS worker and National Art Pass members) please bring ID and/or membership card with you.
- Large bags are not allowed in the inside spaces so if you need to bring anything please bring a small bag with you. Lockers are also available.
- There are two car parks including a space for blue badge holders in car park 2.
- You are welcome to take photos and video for personal, non-commercial use. Please do not take photos or film people without permission, do not use flash or tripods, and observe signs indicating where photography and filming is not permitted.
- You can enjoy refreshments from The Red Hut Garden Café. A water tap is also available in reception.
- If you have access requirements, please contact the Box Office or Red House team.
Visiting Artists and Staff
Visiting artists and staff can download guides and risk assessments here.
You can see our Covid-19 Secure certificate which confirms we have complied with the government’s guidance on managing the risk of the virus.
Box Office Policy
All bookers of cancelled events have been contacted and their tickets returned. Ticket sales make up nearly a quarter of our income, providing vital support for our wide-ranging programmes. We are hugely grateful to those who donated all or part of the value of their tickets to help us continue our important work.
Please email email@example.com for more information.
Holiday Accommodation Cancellations
If the booking is cancelled due to Covid by the visitor we will cancel the booking in the hopes of it being rebooked for the same time. If the property is rebooked then there will be a full refund. If the property remains empty during the proposed visit time the booking will be postponed until a mutually agreed date.
If the visitor decides to leave part way through a visit there will not be any refund.
Contracting the virus whilst here
If the situation arises whereby a visitor is diagnosed with the virus whilst staying here we will act on advice from Public Health England.