Hesse Student Scheme
We have now filled all of our Hesse placements for 2023. Recruitment for June 2024 will start in November so do please check back or follow us on social media.
What do Hesse Students do?
The roles vary widely from year to year depending on the events taking place. You will be at the heart of the Festival, and areas of activity may include (but are not limited to):
- Being a dedicated artist liaison person, ensuring that the high-profile artists who are performing at the Aldeburgh Festival have the best experience possible during their time with us – this includes driving our pool cars, artistic diary management and coordinating visits to our sites
- Work within a museum and archive environment at The Red House, Aldeburgh, the former home of Benjamin Britten and his partner Peter Pears
- Assist with family and school activities
- Help with events: setting up a venue, supporting concert managers, helping backstage and “behind the scenes”
- Using social media to capture behind the scenes moments, eg: as part of a Hesse student takeover day
- Shadowing our technical, stage management and lighting team, supporting them where necessary
- Assisting the Development team at functions/interval receptions/dinners and liaising with catering, event management and looking after guests
- Stewarding and invigilating at events on and off-site such as Festival Walks and exhibitions
- General tasks and admin to support the Performance Programme team in the smooth running of all Festival concerts
- Welcoming artists and guests to Snape and The Red House, providing a great visitor experience
There will be some evening work and you will be expected to work at Snape Maltings, The Red House and other venues whilst you are with us.
Traditionally, during the Festival, our Hesse Students put on a performance of their own, which always attracts an enthusiastic audience.
What we offer you
This is a wonderful opportunity to gain first-hand experience with an internationally renowned arts organisation, and whilst you are with us, we will provide:
- Hands-on experience with a arts and heritage organisation and world-renowned festival
- Reimbursement of your travel expenses to and from Snape Maltings
- Self-catering accommodation in Aldeburgh
- One hot meal per day provided at one of the Snape Maltings catering outlets
- A stipend of £200 / week for expenses
- Careers advice from industry professionals
Hesse Student Scheme 2022
How to apply
Applications are currently closed. Information for the 2024 Hesse Student Scheme will be available in November.